Host your perfect Beetlejuice Night for the Living Dinner Party with all the simple treats (no tricks) that will keep your guests from haunting you in the afterlife.
Hum-Hum-Hum | Hummus Trio
You can summon Beetlejuice by calling his name 3-times. Similarly, Lydia calls out “home-home-home” to escape his mossy-dead-man clutch. So, what better way to begin your Beetlejuice theme night than with a three-times pleasing snack tray.
Go with your favorite hummus as a play on “home-home-home”, or any other dip you desire.
Next-up on our appetizer menu are these little finger bites, sure to be a real scream.
- Field Roast Plant Based Meat & Cheese Co.| Apple & Maple Sausage (v)
- Pillsbury thin crust
- Preheat oven (as the dough instructs)
- Just like “pigs in a blanket” you are going to wrap these babies up – just leave a little exposed sausage to look like a finger nail.
- Bake and enjoy!
Eye Ball Bites | Vegetarian & Non-Veg Option
- Tofurky Plant Based Deli Slices | Hickory & Black Pepper | Non-veg sub prosciutto
- Green olives
- Mozzarella cheese balls
“LET’S TURN ON THE JUICE AND SEE WHAT SHAKES LOOSE”
Afterlife Orange Dream | Mocktail
This is a simple mock-mosa dressed up. I used Fre Sparkling Brut – which is a delicious alcohol- removed sparkling wine.
Shop Fre wines | Here
“Guaranteed to put some life, in your afterlife.”
Bio-Exorcist Green Coconut Curry
- 1 tbls coconut oil
- 1 can (heavy cream) coconut milk
- 1-2 cups broccoli
- 1 chopped white onion
- 1-2 cups carrots
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp garlic powder
Green Curry Paste:
- 5-6 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbs chopped ginger
- 2 limes (about 4 tbs lime juice & 1/2 tsp lime zest)
- 1/2 lemon (1tbs lemon juice)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped fresh thai basil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumric
- 1/2 tsp whole corriander seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 stalks of fresh lemon grass
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 chopped green bell peppers
- 1 jalapeno; seared/grilled before blending
- 1-2 small serrano peppers
- 2-3 tbls vegetable broth
- Combine all green curry paste ingredients into a food processor/blender. Blend until paste consistency, add vegetable broth or water until desired paste consistency.
- In a medium cook pan, saute broccoli, carrots, and white onion in coconut oil.
- Once the vegetables have a brown sear, add can of coconut milk (I think heavy cream is the best), green curry paste, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bring curry to a simmer until vegetables are cooked to desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
A Beetlegeuse Burial Dirt-Nap Pudding
Possibly my most favorite item for the night, these Beetlegeuse Burials are the perfect dessert for your themed party.
- Surf sweets gummy worms (v)
- Crushed Oreos | filling scraped out
- Instant vallina or chocolate pudding – I went with vanilla and it was the perfect match with the oreo crumbles
These are hand-drawn little touches, you can print and glue to scrapbook paper with a toothpick – adding all the charm.
This is truly the easiest and most fun thing you can do!
I took the easy way out and purchased boxed cupcake mix because I am truly not a baker. We used a traditional cream cheese frosting with bright green food coloring. We also added purple sprinkles and eye-ball candies to make things a little more festive.
All the toppers were made using scrapbooking paper from the craft store, markers, toothpicks, and hot glue to attach the sticks to the paper. Using scrapbook paper for just about all the decor is a creative and inexpensive way to add the perfect authentic style and personal touches to any themed event/party.