Welcome to the Wizarding World of Mocktails!
This holiday season, because Harry Potter is universally perfect for October, November, and December, I decided to try my hand at a Harry Potter mocktail series. I love Harry Potter. I love mocktails. The decision was a no-brainer.
So, are you ready to embark on a magic-inspired journey through mocktail mixology? Because I have the menu planned, and let me tell you, it only gets better and better.
Every week until the new year, I will be crafting and sharing a mocktail inspired by (my personal) favorite characters of the Harry Potter universe. Even if Harry Potter isn’t your thing, the drinks in this series transcend the boundaries of fandom.
So, whether you’re a seasoned potion master or a casual mocktail enthusiast, I hope you give each a try.
First on our list is The Ron Weasley Mocktail.
I designed each drink to encompass the person (or thing), infusing flavors and elements representing such. Ron is warm. He is somewhat reserved but always courageous when it matters. I wanted to fulfill these attributes with flavor.
Warmth – that’s the big one here. I played around with how I wanted to represent it. And I came up with this: a drink doesn’t have to be physically warm to be warm. Combining spices from the cinnamon and orange, the rich, buttery flavor of macadamia, and the pop from the fizzy sparkling tea ignite the essence of warmth. That’s what I wanted most of all.
As you raise your glass, I hope you feel the richness of the Ron Weasley mocktail, and it sparks a little magic in you. It’s the perfect November and December drink, so cheers to the seasons.
The Ron Weasley | November Harvest Fizz Mocktail
- 1/4 cup mandarin orange juice
- 1/8 cup macadamia nut milk
- 1/8 cup apple juice
- 1/8 cup TÖST sparkling tea
- fresh mint
- cinnamon stick
- crushed ice
- Create the Base:In glass add ice, mandarin juice, apple juice, and macadamia nut milk. I used fresh mandarines that I squeezed with lime press.
- Add a Little Bit of Spice:Stir with cinnamon stick (optional: add cinmamon or clove spice)
- Add Bubbly (sparkling tea)
- Serve with mandarin wedge or/and fresh mint
You May Also Enjoy
- Did you enjoy the flavor profile of the mocktail?
- How would you have done it differently based on Ron Weasley?
- In the spirit of designing drinks, who do you hope to see represented in the Harry Potter mocktails to come?