In case you missed it, last year I did a countdown to Halloween with 26 Flicks for Your Halloween Fix.
This year I wanted to do something a little different.
Here’s what we have going on this fall.
You will find that I’ve added plenty of stories to the list. Not all of the stories classify as horror – we have some feel goods too!
I have incorporated oldies & newbies. The Hellbound Heart was my favorite book growing up, and I couldn’t leave the newest addition to the Twilight Saga (Midnight Sun) from the list.
I’m actually listening to Neil Gaiman’s book, The Graveyard Book, on Audible. His voice is all the fall feels.
- St. Lucy’s Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell
- The Deep by River Solomon, Daveed Diggs, William Hutson, Jonathan Snipes
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
- Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell
- The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence by Gavin de Becker
- The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker
- Bunny by Mona Awad
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- The Secret Life of Bees by Monk Kidd
- Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love & Life from Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed
- In a Dark, Dark Woods by Ruth Ware
- Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? by Caitlin Doughty
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer
Find out more about these books & build your reading list with GoodReads!
If you sign up, let’s connect & share reading lists – Link to my GoodReads.
Support small business book shops when you can.
P.S. Overalls in the photo are from a local boutique in Port Angelous – Shop Here.