This is my healthier take on the classic cream cheese stuffed bell peppers.
I wish I could give out samples for my readers to taste so you didn’t have to just take my word on how out of this world delicious these bell boats turned out.
These guys will make excellent party appetizers, pot-luck contributions, or just a nice side to dinner.
- Baby bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 5oz plain greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil (or other preferred)
- 1 Tsp. Tumeric
- Garlic (fresh, powder, or both)
- 1 Tsp. salt (or to taste)
- White onions
Let’s Get Into It:
1) Preheat oven to 425 °
2) While oven is preheating cut slivers into bell peppers.
3) Place empty bell boats in the oven at 425 ° with (roughly) 1/2 cup of veggie broth along the bottom of the pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
4) While the empty bell boats are in the oven chop the chives, cilantro, jalapeno, and onions. Add half of the chopped veggies to rice cooker with quinoa. Add turmeric & garlic to the mixture. Cook.
5) Dice the remaining bell pepper slivers. Add coconut oil to pan over medium heat. Sauté diced bell pepper with remaining chopped veggies.
6) Combine cooked quinoa, sautéd veggies, salt, Greek yogurt, nutritional yeast, & (about) 1/3 cup of veggie broth in a bowl. Give them a good mix until ingredients are combined.
7) Stuff your bell boats with veggie quinoa combination.
8) Place peppers back in oven with additional veggie broth added to the pan.
9) Bake until peppers are nice and squishy
Serve & enjoy.
Watch the Magic Happen