Skip the store-bought & try your hand in this easy frittata recipe. Similar to a crustless quiche but without the dairy (cream or cheese). They are perfect for meal preps, a little picnic treat, or just an anytime dish.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is there are endless possibilities for fillings. I landed on the choice of dill & sun-dried tomatoes for the primary flavor.
Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Dill Frittatas
These easy, tasty veggie-filled frittatas are full of savory satisfaction & are low in carbs. The combination choice makes for a perfect summertime flavor that you can enjoy for any meal.
- 4-6 eggs (depending on dish size)
- 1/3 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/8 cup chopped green onion
- 1/8 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon of Trader Joes 21 Seasoning Salute
Let’s Get Into It:
1) sauté mushrooms, onions, spinach, green onion, & sun-dried tomatoes in a pan with turmeric & oil at medium heat. I prefer coconut because it adds a little extra flavor, but use whichever you prefer.
2) Add veggie sauté with 1tbsp chopped dill to your baking dish(es). I saved some veggies to add in after the egg is poured over.
3) In a separate bowl whisk eggs with remaining seasonings & dill.
4) Once your veggies are equally distributed, pour whisked egg combo over the top of veggies.
6) Bake at 350° for 40 minutes (or until egg is cooked).
7) Remove from oven, cool before serving.
It’s as easy as that!
Another bonus to these frittata that I noticed was these guys are delicious fresh from the oven, and equally as delicious served cold the next morning. In fact, I prefer mine cold.
Get The Recipe for Your Cookbook